RE: Design Review Volunteers Needed - VTTC Staccato Controller Ci rcuit

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

This same circuit is already being used in a number of VTTCs and is a proven
design.  There are some very small
modifications which have been simulated thoroughly and everything looks
good.

Being a young engineer, we are forced to simulate all circuits and presently
are often forced to bypass the prototype
design to save money.  Of course I think thats stupid, but upper management
always tries to eliminate as many steps
as possible.

But your point is taken.  If this was a truly original design, a prototype
would be a good step.  However, since the
design has already been proven in numerous coils (i.e. John Freau, Steve
Ward, . . .) with excellent results, this step
can be skipped.

The Captain

Your circuit looks electrically functional, I did'nt see any glaring
mistakes.  Now my question is, have you prototyped the circuit?  Pardon my
being an old engineer, but I fail to understand going from circuit diagram
to board without a working model in my hand.  Simulation software is not a
sure thing.
mike