Re: A new Tesla coil and k measurements

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Paul Nicholson by way of Terry Fritz
<teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <paul-at-abelian.demon.co.uk>

 > I overlayed the computed response over your image mid_top_load.jpg
 > to give
 >
 >   http://www.abelian.demon.co.uk/tmp/tefp-mid.overlay.gif
 >
 > Seems we're not missing a cycle in the beat after all, but as you
 > said, the scope seems to be leaving off the first cycle.
 >
 > As can be seen from the detail in the notches, the model is a fair
 > way out of tune from the actual system.

The main reason is because my measurement setup introduces significant
losses in the primary circuit. With the parameters:
R1= 5Ohms
L1=58.7 uH
R2=180 Ohms
L2=28.2 mH
C2=10.55 pF
K=0.121
I get this response, overlayed on the experimental waveform:

http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/tesla/mid_comp.jpg

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz