Re: "ring terminal" use in tesla coil

Original poster: "Mike Harrison by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mike-at-whitewing.co.uk>

On Thu, 06 Mar 2003 07:23:16 -0700, you wrote:

 >Original poster: "Mark W. Stolz by way of Terry Fritz
<teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mark_w_stolz-at-hotmail-dot-com>

 >Adam,
 >
 >I have experienced no problems using them.  They work fine with my NST and
 >MOI powered coil.
 >
 >Rev. Mark Stolz
 >Houston, TX
 >http://teslacoils4christ-dot-org
 >
 >>Original poster: "Adam Britt by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>"
 >><beans45601-at-sbcglobal-dot-net>
 >>

 >>Is it okay to use those ring terminals (the things you crimp onto the ends
 >>of wires) to hookup all the components of your tesla coil together?

Crimp terminals are generaly fine AS LONG AS you use the right crimp tool.
It is essential that the
tool creates enough pressure to get an airtight crimp.
For high currents, crimping, and then soldering as well won't hurt, as long
as the crimp terminal
surface is something that solder will wet well.