Re: Stereo amplifier

Original poster: "Jan Wagner by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jwagner-at-cc.hut.fi>

On Thu, 6 Mar 2003, Tesla list wrote:
 > Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<Fucian-at-aol-dot-com>

 > Hey...I was wonderign if the amps for stereo systems could be modefied to
 > drive a sstc?

Nope, not without major modifications. Like, completely redesigning the
amp. But you could use the amp to modulate a SSTC.

You could try to make <20kHz f_res secondary, though. But it's got to be a
really powerful amp then! Think about 1" streamers vs 40" tall coil...  Or
fill up a small secondary coil with ferrite or iron junk, this will lower
f_res, the drawback being that it starts arcing inside the secondary very
easily.

One of those newer switch mode psu type amps are more readily modified to
a SSTC, by cutting out the output filters and doing nasty things to the
feedback loop. It would end up as a pretty expensive SSTC, tho...

cheers,
  - jfw

--
  high voltage at http://www.hut.fi/~jwagner/tesla