Energy stored in primary again

Original poster: "Jolyon Vater Cox by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jolyon-at-vatercox.freeserve.co.uk>

Dear List,
I have been thinking about the "energy stored in primary" concept again. I
was wondering if the switch SW1 could withstand the high emf induced in the
primary when SW1 opened there would be no need for the capacitor C1 to tune
the primary OR the quenching switch SW2 to turn off the primary circulating
current after predetermined period.

This is my reasoning: with the tesla coil T1 viewed as an ideal transformer
the secondary voltage is referred back to the primary by the turns ratio;
now T1 isn't an ideal transformer as not all the magnetic flux from the
primary is coupled to the secondary i.e. there is a "leakage" component
inherent in the primary inductance which can be visualised as an inductor
in series with the primary of the hypothetical ideal transformer.
the leakage reactance will be series-resonant with secondary capacitance C2
over the turns ratio of the ideal transformer after SW1 is opened

Thus SW1 will "see" a voltage across its terminals
not equal to the power rail voltage
but to the voltage across the "transformed" C2 resonating with the leakage
reactance.

Is my reasoning correct?