Re: Dangers of SSTCs ! ! ! Measured

Hi Dan,

YIIPs!!

Thank goodness I always wear 1 inch thick lead underwear when working with
SSTC's :o)))

Of course, the big coils push far "more" than that, but the typically low
3% duty cycle "stuff" for disruptive Tesla coils probably does not register
"right" on your cool meter.  Question "them" about bandwidth and RMS
stuff...  Better be like 0 - 1MHZ with full RMS accuracy to like 5%
;o))))  And yes... I really do want to see and verify their "claims" on
that...  and yes, I can do that verification "my" basement ;-))))))

I am not sure what going over the "IRPA" limit is supposed to due to a
person (do they "specify" that????), but I have had lots of over-exposer
and I seem all normbil %;oD  I guess we could also ask Bob about field
strength exposure on the brain after her has done stuff like this for
longer than many of us have been alive:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/Bob_Krampf.jpg

He reports "no" odd effects...   Note that his brine expozer is like 10,000
times that of us normbil (spectator to the arcs) folks... ;-))

What I don't think "they" take into account is that once the field hits
skin, the field strength goes to like 2.8563 volts per meter really
fast.  It is just not an E-field, but also the ability to deliver current
that does damage (are you in a microwave oven, or a few tens of feet away
from a cell phone...).

As is typical, once one gets further and further into these "regulation
things", the curiouser and curiouser things become...  I seem to have the
ability to drive regulator people nuts at work (I know too much...).  But
basically, give me a regulation, and I got ten thousand details to
follow...  It's the old "the devil is in the details" thing"..  "194 V/m"
is meaningless for the affects on the human body...

As Alice said...

Oh, dear!  What nonsense I am talking!

Cheers,

         Terry