Re: Input power measurement

Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Jim Lux by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<jimlux-at-earthlink-dot-net>

 > The "kill-a-watt" (that's the brand name) watt meter runs about $30-40 from
 > all manner of sources (including Radio Shack), and measures VA, Watts, PF,
 > etc. with an accuracy of better than 1%..

	I have checked mine against a good electrodynamic wattmeter both for
resistive loads and for reactive ones with power factor as low as 20%
(as low as I could simulate with a capacitor bank) and the calibration
seems close enough that I can't tell which is more accurate.  Seem to me
to be a good buy.  Don't have any idea as to their waveform sensitivity,
however.

Ed