Re: Kill-A-Watt Meters

Original poster: "Matthew Smith by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <matt-at-kbc-dot-net.au>

Hmm...

>These things appear in my experience not to be built too well for tesla use.
>Perhaps others have had better luck????

Makes me wonder - I have a semiconductor tester (identifies, gives
parameters, etc) based on a Microchip PIC microcontroller; if the
Kill-A-Watt uses similar technology, the 'noise' that a TC (of any type)
throws back onto the supply could be enough to kill it off.

This seems to be very much a consumer product, so is unlikely to have been
through 'hard knocks' industrial testing; I wonder how one would fare if it
sat on the line side of an isolation transformer, and as far away from the
strong EM fields as possible.

I still like the idea of the Kill-A-Watt - if nothing else, I could check
to see if I need PFC on my beer fridge ;-)

Cheers

--
Matthew Smith
IT Consultant - KBC, South Australia