Re: Over-coupled or under-insulated?

Original poster: "Chris Roberts by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <quezacotl_14000000000000-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Yes, the secondary is grounded via a coil of 14 gauge wire that's at most
50 feet long. (that way I can simply coil and un-coil the ground rod
whenever I'm setting it up and putting it away again) It was staked into
the ground with an aluminium rod when it was at my house but it is at the
school right now where it leads to a sink drain pipe. The sink is about 20
feet away. I'm pretty sure it's grounded properly as we are getting the
same size sparks as when it was staked into the ground, and since I also
had this problem when it was at my house. Nevertheless, I will be taking
the coil home tomorrow so I will be able to test it again on a confirmed
ground. Would the small amount of coiled wire be a problem? (I'm running
out of reasons of why this thing should be doing this =/ )

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz "

In a message dated 3/15/03 11:38:36 AM Pacific Standard Time,