Re: help- how do i hook up an o-scope?

Original poster: "davep by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <davep-at-quik-dot-com>

>I need some help in using an o-scope.

         To do what?
         It is a powerful tool, with multiple uses.
         The usual course is a one semester class and that
         DOES NOT get into HV specific stuff.

>Can someone point me in the right direction?

         Depends on what direction is desired.

>One of the big questions that I have is: how do I know where to hook it up?

         May not need, or wish, to 'hook it up'.  I see
         a post explaining using an 'antenna' to pick
         up via noncontact means.

>I know that you can't just randomly connect the leads to different places.
         Right.

         Depends on what the objective is...

         (If this seems vague:
         There are hundreds of lines that could be written
         on this subject.  cf also the list archives...
         8)>>)

         best
         dwp

...the net of a million lies...