Did i kill my garage door?

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Beans45601-at-aol-dot-com>

Well, I Just got my new transformer, and i hooked everything up, and i was
getting 2' streamers, and i noticed that most of them were going to my
garage opener. But, i thought that the metal box that surronds it was
grounded, so i did not worry about it. I know, i know, stupid me. Well, the
streamers started to hid the antenna, so i surronded it with allumnium foil
(not sure how much help this would do, it seemed good at the time), and
lightning kept hitting it, so i just left it. Now, you guessed it, my
garage door does not work. Has this happned to anyone? Or is it just a fuse
or something.
Thanks
Adam