RE: ZVS Switching and my new SSTC HV Design

Original poster: "Justin Hays by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <pyrotrons2000-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi All,

Switching a higher input voltage into the primary definately seems to
be the best way to get huge arcs. Guess it's a better impedance match
to the resonator...either that, or turns ratio stuff is kicking in.

How do you plan to series the MOSFET's? I'd use a single transformer
for the entire works...one primary and 16 floating secondaries (for
H-bridge w/2 series MOSFETs). Although the primary winding in this
transformer (and coupling caps) would be taking some serious peak
current (peak single-gate current X 16).

Regards,

Justin Hays
KC5PNP
Email: justin-at-hvguy-dot-com