Fixing a Broken Plasma Ball

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tesla-at-ian-dot-org>

I just bought a nice one foot diameter plasma ball
pictured below...

    http://www.ian-dot-org/Remote/PlasmaBall.html

There are several more at American Science & Surplus
at http://www.sciplus-dot-com/ for $40 if anyone on the
list wants one.  No idea how many are left.

Most however, like mine, have broken ends so the gas
has escaped.  The last two pictures show closeups of
mine, and the others are similar in the damage.

I can most likely seal it up with some glue or epoxy
but I would liek to put a nozzle of some type on so I
can fill it with various gasses whenever I find something
I like.  Any ideas or pointers on a valve to get or if
I shoudl just stick to sealing it up withg glue?

Second... what should I fill it with, and how?  I could
fill it with water, and then bubble the gas in until all
teh water is gone, but that seems messy.  Any suggestions?

--
Ian Smith
www.ian-dot-org