transformers in oil?

Original poster: "James Brady by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jbrady-at-ajtech-dot-com>

you can actually put the transformer directly in oil??? what kind-of
container does it have to be in?

i have never seen anyone do this. i guess, that the purpose is to keep it
from over heating?

james brady - va