Re: So others don't lose like I did

Original poster: "Steven Ward by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

UGHHH!!! thats the worst news yet!  Im guessing you bought the coil from
ebay, and the guy sold it with a home built socket, and that cracked the
833C!  That really sucks!  Im guessing that since this homemade socket
could not adjust to the 833C, then it is very stiff, and does not help the
833A when it expands from heat (im warning you here!).  Look at my site for
a better socket design:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/srward16

Its in the dual 833A coil page. The sockets has one of the holders that is
totally adjustable to move apart when the 833A tube expands slightly (your
socket should do this too!!!).  Please, if this is the same tube coil from
ebay a while back, i suggest you invest in a real socket, and a variac (i
dont think that coil used a variac, just a switch).

Steve Ward

PS, i know what its like to loose an expensive tube!