Re: bridged ignition coils

Original poster: "Jolyon Vater Cox by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jolyon-at-vatercox.freeserve.co.uk>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
To: <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Sent: Friday, May 02, 2003 12:06 AM
Subject: Re: bridged ignition coils

 > Original poster: "Stephen Conner by way of Terry Fritz
<teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <steve-at-scopeboy-dot-com>

 > At 07:34 01/05/03 -0600, you wrote:
 > >Original poster: "Jolyon Vater Cox by way of Terry Fritz
 > ><teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jolyon-at-vatercox.freeserve.co.uk>
 > >

 > I don't know about the drive circuit though. You need hundreds of volts
 > going into the primary.

Aren't the hundreds of volts induced in the primary as a result of the rapid
interruption of the primary current?
Therefore, if the rate of change in the primary current was sufficiently
fast wouldn't the above requirement be fulfilled, and  wouldn't a bipolar
square wave,with a fast rise and fall times, be sufficient to do this?

Jolyon