Re: A triggered-s.g. 1-turn primary

Original poster: "K. C. Herrick by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <kchdlh-at-juno-dot-com>

I've embellished http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/tspk13a.pdf assembly
drawing (rev. 5/2/03)--Herrick's Pizza Primary.

I think I could leave out the dummy gaps since I've considerably
stiffened the pizza-tray wedges. Also, the capacitors now clear the inner
fastening-disk.

Each third of the top assembly would lift right off, for gap servicing,
by removing 6 knurled nuts and no wires.

As to the simulation, I find that, by judiciously choosing the "R" of an
R-C net across the "SW. 115VAC" input of
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/tspk13s2.pdf, I bring the simulated gap
current to less than 5 mA during a period of 1 1/2 ms following each 500
us spark-event.  Perhaps that would be long enough to ensure that the
gaps extinguish--but they would likely do so at quite a bit more than 5
mA, right?.  That residual current is due to the current in the "T"-coils
resonantly decaying when the driver shuts off.

Ken Herrick