Triggered Spark Gap in Conventional Tesla Coils ? ? ?

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

Well, after looking around a bit, I managed to get two brand new EG&G
triggered spark gaps (big ones).  I'm going to be using one as my primary
triggered gap for my marx generator, but
was thinking about the possibility of using the other one as a conventional
coil replacement spark gap.

Has anyone tried this before or know if these things can quench fast enough
to be suitable for a primary spark gap in a conventional coil???

Thanks

The Captain