Re: Plants? + Tesla Coils

Original poster: "David Sharpe by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <sccr4us-at-erols-dot-com>

Nolan
My mom used to raise house plants, mostly African Violets, which are somewhat
picky about their environment to grow sucessfully.  She gave me on that had
been
transplanted, but had not recovered, and looked as if she might lose it.  I
watered
lightly and placed next to my TC (Big TC from Popular Electronics mid
60's).  Ran
unit for about a minute with plant within 6 feet of TC.  Next day was vibrantly
green and recovered magnificently.  Nitrous oxides and direct transpiration
through
leaves fertilized the hel.. out of the plant, and with e-field stimulus the
plant took
off like crazy.

In a very similar experiment, with my younger son in mid-school, planted
two identical
tomato plants, one we did nothing, other ran a electric grid over plant
using a 5mA, 6kV
DC PS out of a copier.  Plant with e-field treatment was significantly
bigger (25-30%)
then non treated plant, same controls (sunlight, water, plant food etc.)
Lots of experimental work has been performed about effects of e-fields to
plant growth...

Regards
Dave Sharpe, TCBOR/HEAS
Chesterfield, VA. USA