Power feed wire

Original poster: "Jeremy Scott by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <supertux1-at-yahoo-dot-com>

So I was in Home Depot today looking at extention
cables. (Gotta run some outside from my sauna's stove
outlet) The biggest thing I found some were some 100'
that's made of 3 10 AWG wires -- yet on the label it's
only rated for 15A. The cord was as thick as the
thickest wire I've seen coming from my fuse box, and I
always thought 10 AWG could carry 30Amps. Would it be
safe to use this cable #1) at 30 amps, and #2) at
240V. If not, how about splitting the 240VAC outlet
into 120VAC and 120VAC sides, run em through one
extention cable each (2 cables) and combine them back
into 240 at the ends. Of course, I'm not talkin about
running this through walls or anything, just
on the carpet then up and out the front door.