Re: pole pig current limiting

Original poster: "Rodney Goolsby by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jeronimo-at-bright-dot-net>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
To: <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Sent: Saturday, May 03, 2003 10:23 PM
Subject: Re: pole pig current limiting

 > Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz
<teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

< I use a "BuzzBox" brand AC stick welder to ballast my
 > 5KVA pole transformer>

 > Just a thought--if one 500' spool of #12 will regulate
 > 120vac, then two such spools should regulate 240vac.
 > Just put one spool in each leg of the 240vac. If 25A
 > is more current than you want or need, then place a
 > fat bundle of soft steel wires inside the spools. The
 > added inductance should reduce the current.

I thought the same thing about 2 spools instead of 1 for the 240v. input,
but I thought of another question.  If, they have similar spools of 10AWG,
what affect would this have compared to the 12AWG, I'm assuming it would run
a little cooler.
Thanks for the help so far, may be the beginning plans to my next coil.