Herrick's Pizza-pan Primary; was A triggered-s.g....etc.

Original poster: "K. C. Herrick by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <kchdlh-at-juno-dot-com>

I'll prevail on Terry to put up another schematic,
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/tspk13s3.pdf (S3, not the previous S2).
There are several differences; and reference
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/tspk13a.pdf for the "pizza-pan" assembly
drawing.

I need only 6 transformers instead of 12 and only 3 of them (T1, T2 & T3)
will have a trigger winding.  I could probably get by with just one such
winding, because all the transformers should couple the trigger pulse to
the other gaps, but I'll try it first with 3.  The trigger pulse,
appearing across the B and C windings of T1-T3, should be transmitted
through each 1/6 R-6C-1/6 L primary segment to each other gap-half with
negligible attenuation due to the very low impedance of the segments at
the trigger-pulse frequency.

Each core will be a 3"-diameter ferrite toroid I happen to have on hand.
I can get 20 mH coils on that using ~20 ft. of twisted 20 ga. wire-pair.
It's a bit tedious to wind by hand, of course, but do-able.  I figure
I'll wind on perhaps 10 turns for the trigger coils for a start.

I also change the source for the break-over diodes (now two of them),
adding C2 to the circuit--perhaps 10 uF or so--and R, perhaps 10 ohms or
so.  C2 charges along with the 6C across which it's connected while the R
limits the Qs' current from the 6C when they fire.  Otherwise, the
circuit is supposed to operate as I described in my 4/29 posting, with C2
having negligible effect on Fr because of the 10 ohms.

The break-over diodes, before firing, now see the C2 voltage plus the sum
of the A-winding voltages, with each of the latter being 1/7 or so of
each of the T1-T3 main-winding voltages.  Since a pair of main-winding
voltages add to equal just the voltage on a 6C (because they are in
series-resonance with the 6Cs), and thus add to equal the voltage on C2,
the 3 A-winding voltages, in series together, yield a voltage about the
same as the C2 voltage and in phase with it.  Thus I need two diodes in
series to almost-withstand that.  I change them to K2200F1, 205-230
V--which I also just happen to have on hand.

Any comments will be appreciated...

Ken Herrick