Re: New coiler questions

Original poster: "Chris Roberts by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <quezacotl_14000000000000-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi Robert,
The method I used to support my secondary was to first cut a large hole in
the plywood where the secondary would normally sit on. The secondary then
went through the hole and sat on a little wood platform in the center of
the lower deck that was supported by four threaded rods. The platform had
holes the size of the rods drilled into it, the rods went through it, and
the whole thing was kept from sliding down the rods via hex nuts. The rods
themselves went down into holes drilled into the bottom of the base, and
was also held in place by hex nuts. You can then just raise or lower the
top nuts, and the whole secondary will come up or down with it through the
hole in the center. A picture can be seen at:
<http://www.hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/NST-1.jpg>http://www.hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/NST-1.jpg
This picture is of the NST, but you can see three of the four threaded rods
that holds up the wood platform directly behind it. I hope that wasn't too
confusing...
As far as the protection circut goes, the simplest one I have found can be
found here:
<http://hot-streamer-dot-com/greg/filter.htm>http://hot-streamer-dot-com/greg/filter.htm
Hope all this helps. Feel free write back if you have any other questions.
Gook luck!

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz "

Does anybody know of a good means of raising the secondary coil up and
down? Would I use a brass screw or a plastic one? The secondary would be
mounted on a plexiglass base. I guess this is an engineering question.
Also, can anybody recommend the site of a good NST protection circuit
using readily available parts? Your help is very much appreciated.
Thanks,
Robert

-Chris