Re: X-Ray Transformer HV Power Supply

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Tesla729-at-cs-dot-com>

tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:
>That his truck runs on transformer oil added to gas sounds odd.  Isn't
>transformer oil supposed to be non-flamable?  Unless the concentration is
>insignificant?
>
>Gary Lau

Gary,

No, I believe transformer oil is indeed combustable since it
is a petroleum derivative. If the transformer oil is NOT com-
bustible, then that's BAD as it is most likely PCB! OTH, I
agree with you that transformer oil seems like a strange thing
to run any kind of mass produced internal combustion engine
on. Maybe a diesel engine could possibly run on it? But I don't
see any gas burner being able to digest transformer oil, espe-
cially if it's the old carberator type, which certainly depends on
the -45*  flashpoint of gasoline to operate.

David Rieben

PS- Godfrey, where did you find a good source of big x-ray trannies?