Re: Suggestion on Power Supply?

Original poster: "Christoph Bohr by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <cb-at-luebke-lands.de>

Hi Terry

Thanks for your advice.
I feared it might be that way. I will try to get more capacitance ( quite
hard to get good pulse caps to germany  they are allways on ebay-dot-com but
hardly ever on ebay.de, I'll have a buddy pic up some when he is on vacation
in the US )
The async gap is something I really didn't want to have, but as my motor
won't sync its the only gap I have at the time.
I have to use the RGS as I'm running a magnifier that almost doesn't run
with my sucker-gap.
In normal 2coil mode the suckergap works fine up to 5KVA troughput but thats
really way to hard for the single 30nFcap.
I was looking forward to upgrading my cap to 90nF and the BPS maybe to
around 400BPS but I guess I should really try to get another motor to build
a sync gap.

The other thing is if I really only get 150 Watts troughput the 3 feet
streamers I'm getting continously would be really too big. I don't think the
efficiency of my setup can be that good as it's only a bunch of parts I had
at hand trown together....

Nevertheless I will follow your advice and work on the problems you pointed
out. I know sometimes I come up with really strange quentions but I'm still
a beginner and think it's better to ask than to blow the whole thing up ;-)

sofar, thank you very much

sincerely

Christoph