Re: Anyone Planning a So. Cal. Teslathon this year?

Original poster: "Edward Wingate by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ewing7-at-rochester.rr-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Jeff W. Parisse by way of Terry Fritz
<teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jparisse-at-teslacoil-dot-com>

 > Ed,
 >
 > In order to get to the desert one must navigate a mountain pass (just as
 > in life ;-)there's always a rub). The reason the desert is "cheap" is
 > that it is hard to get to... I envision an event that'll attract the
 > public (i.e. magazine ads, ticket sales) and perhaps become self
 > sustaining... Between "downtown and the Westside" (BIG swath that
 > includes Hollywood, Wilshire, & the beach) is where the moneyzat.
 >
 >  > >You're welcome to use my big metal barn if you don't mind a little
 >  > >drive. :^) There has to be cheap real estate out in the desert where
 >  > >you could erect a lab.
 >
 > P.s. I'd be HONORED to visit your famous barn!!!
 >
 > Jeff

Jeff,

The RATCB Teslathon here is self sustaining, but is not and never was meant
to be profitable.

I host the Teslathon here solely as a vehicle for Tesla coil builders and
science enthusiasts to meet and
exchange ideas with their peers. Many new lifelong friendships have been
established here and at Richard
Hull's TCBOR Teslathon (now High Energy Amateur Science Convention) which
makes the effort worthwhile.

I already had built the lab for my Tesla coil and high voltage work and
simply decided to swing open the
doors once a year for the Teslathon. We celebrated the tenth anniversary
last summer.  :^)

Ed Wingate RATCB