RE: average spark length

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

I think in practice 2 foot is about typical for a 12/30 NST.  An extremely
well tuned, and built 12/30 coil will
be able to do 3 feet, but you'll have to work at it to get the 3 feet.

My very first coil was a 15/60 coil, and i got about 3 feet arcs off the bat
with no fine tuning or anything.  After
tuning, i eventually got about 3.5 to 4 foot streamers.

Dan