Constructing HV Supply Oil Tank - PVC

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

I'm going to be building a 70kV HV supply in which an X-Ray transformer and
diodes will be submerged in oil.  This will be
for an experimental high voltage CW coil i'm planning to build.

I was planning on building my own oil tank using standard Type I PVC.  The
material is extremely easy to machine and is bonded instantly with Loctite
Super-Plastic Adhesive (i forget the actual number of the adhesive).
Also, all joints would be sealed as well to prevent any oil leaks and the
top cover would attach using an gasket type
seal.

On paper it seems like it would work, but is there any thing i'm missing or
anything which could cause a problem i'm not
seeing???  I don't think the PVC will break-down and contaminate the oil.

I have lots of liquid tight high voltage connectors (typically used for hv
capacitors), so getting power in and out of the
unit won't be a problem.

Any help again appreciated much!

The Captain