Re: Behlke.de

Original poster: "Stephen Conner by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <steve-at-scopeboy-dot-com>

At 07:25 08/05/03 -0600, you wrote:
>Original poster: "Greg Leyh by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>"
><lod-at-pacbell-dot-net>
>

>Are there any German coilers that live near Behlke GmbH?
>Here's their URL:  http://www.behlke.de/index.htm
>Someone here on the List mentioned them earlier.

snip

>SLAC (my employer) is intensely interested in discovering
>if there's any reality to this company.  Does anyone here
>know more about them?

It was me! They are a small company but been in business for 15 years. It
was probably a combination of you getting them on a busy day, and nobody
speaking English round the place. Once they figure out you have millions of
US Govt. dollars to spend they may well get a lot quicker at returning your
calls :)

P.S. I enjoyed reading about your work on the solid state klystron
modulator. I'm getting psyched up to build a large Tesla coil using IGBT
bricks as a spark gap replacement. However, having seen how easily you
managed to trash those 2000A bricks, I'm not sure if my 600A units will get
very far. The manufacturers don't give away much about package inductances
and such like :(

Steve C.