Re: VERY HIGH BPS at 6kw!

Original poster: "tesla by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tesla-at-paradise-dot-net.nz>

Team
I've run a very similar coil system (but Cp was 90nF)
Got similar ARC lenghts too
With a ASRSG capable of high bps I noted that the arcs would tend to be
vertical at high BPS.

The attachment point to the toroid could be selected by the speed of the
ASRSG.

I do not believe that the near vertical arcs were the result of the heating
effect proposed by Malcolm and sometimes mentioned by others on the list.
I have the theory that at high bps the PRF is more affected by WHERE the
effective toroid capacitance is coming from.

The effective toroid capacitance is mostly downwards to the ground. This
means that the arcs will tend vertical due to the fact that there is a field
SHUNTING effect towards the ground due to the high bang rate. The arcs will
go in the direction away from the capacitance of ground and this is more
pronounced when the PRF is higher.

Any other opinions
Rgds
Ted L in NZ