Magnifier web page

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Hi:

I have set up a web page showing my 6th-order magnifier:
http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/tesla/mag345.html

Mostly what I had already commented in the list. Some pictures
of the parts, some low-power waveforms, but no spark pictures yet.

The problem about the low rms value of the magnifier output that
Terry observed, that can lead to smaller streamers even with the
voltage peaks being higher, is commented. If this is a real problem,
then there is another interesting problem to solve, that is how to
obtain the maximum possible rms output, with or without quenching.

The conventional Tesla coil results always in the rms output
voltage (without quenching) being 50% of the peak voltage. The
magnifiers in modes k:k+1:k+2 always result in a bit less (~43%).
Interestingly, The 50% limit can be exceeded with an induction coil
circuit, with the initial energy in the primary inductor. 6th-order
versions are possible too. The maximum rms/peak ratio appears to be
70.7%, when the output voltage tends to a pure sinusoid. But the
element values are then more suitable for the classical structure
of the Ruhmkorff induction coil, not for a Tesla coil.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz