Re: Basic Stamp Controlled Spark Gap

Original poster: "Ben McMillen by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <spoonman534-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi Jeremy, Terry,
    Why not use a hall effect sensor? I realize that the
fields we're dealing with here are quite strong, but if you
were to find a sensor that was tolerant of background EM
fields (of the tesla coil type) and use a small neodymium
magnet to get rotor position, you'd essentially have your
'spike' to feed back into the MCU.. The idea here being
that the sensor would only give a 'strong' output when the
magnet passed by.. If you had a strong enough (and small
enough) magnet, and a bit of epoxy..

    I have no idea how feasable this is, or even if those
kind of hall effect sensors exist.. Tesla coil fields may
every well fry one on the first try..

Coiling In Pittsburgh
Ben McMillen