Re: Was Basic Stamp RSG--Now Magnetic Prox Sensor for RSG

Original poster: "Jeremy Scott by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <supertux1-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Just a suggestion,

You may want to put two sensors on your disc to
keep it from vibrating too much :)

Either that or make sure the magnet is really small :)
I'm thinking of drilling a hole slightly smaller
than a square magnet, pounding it in there, and
sealing both sides with epoxy so that the disc is
flush.

The only concern is that the EM fields generated by
the coil might severely mess with the hall effect
sensor. That may be desireable in a different sensor:
one that measures the RF output of the tank.