Re: Parametric pumping for tesla coils?

Original poster: "Harvey Norris by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <harvich-at-yahoo-dot-com>

 > Original poster: "Jolyon Vater Cox by way of Terry
 > Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>"
 > <jolyon-at-vatercox.freeserve.co.uk>
 >
 > Dear List,
 > If I may be so bold, I have been thinking that
 > instead of using switching
 > devices to vary currents and voltages as we
 > presently do, how about
 > changing say, the capacitance instead -charging at
 > low voltage and
 > discharging at high
 > since charge ,Q,  on an isolated capacitor doesn't
 > change with a change in
 > capacitance but stored energy and voltage do vary
 > with changes in the
 > capacitance.
 >
 > Reading from previous postings on the List I
 > understand that it is possible
 > to get more voltage out of the secondary of a
 > transformer if the frequency
 > of the AC is increased -and vice versa-
 > the trouble is, the primary voltage must be
 > increased or decreased in the
 > same proportion so there is normally no net
 > advantage in changing the
 > frequency.
 > However, if the capacitance of a capacitor, C,
 > resonating in a tuned
 > circuit with an inductor ,L, at a frequency ,f1, is
 > changed the oscillation
 > changes to a new frequency, f2, and with it the
 > energy in the capacitor and
 > the voltage across it.
 >
 > Now, when a charged capacitor is connected to an
 > inductor energy is
 > ordinarily lost in the "damped" oscillation -but if
 > the capacitance (or
 > inductance) can  be made to change quickly enough it
 > is possible to
 > overcome the losses resulting in a
 > comtinuously-oscillating system. With
 > this in mind would it not be entirely possible -at
 > least in theory- to use
 > these "parametric" methods in the pumping of Tesla
 > coils?
 >
 > Could parametric TCs, Q-switching TCs etc, be just
 > be round the corner?
Actually it can be shown that a spin "saturation"
effect occurs in alternators, with an undriven field.
The stator windings in this case see a changing
inductance by the mere revolvings of the unenergized
DC field poles. The "pre-existant" currents and
voltages associated with the metallic spin itself
translates to the field input current ratio so as the
current needed to further excite that DC field for
normal alternator operation experiences a low field/
gain ratio on secondary outputs when the primary
amperages are first inputed.
http://groups.yahoo-dot-com/group/teslafy/files/RI/Dsc00184.jpg

shows a neon disharge from parametric stator 1.6 volts
-at- .3 A obtained by connections of source frequency
resonant voltage rise components, attached to the non
energized field alternator.
    If one can vary the inductance of the source by
"delta L": ideas of acheiving coils of Delta C  are
predicted from magic square theory.
     A 64 array of returned windings in concentric
winds has a certain internal capacity represented by
the relative voltages betweeen windings experienced as
voltages between adjacent points in the layers. This
is a "one dimensional" method of voltage difference
between winds: whereby this stacking means the voltage
differences stacking in the layering direction are
minimised, thus we call it a one dimensional bifilar
winding, if it is folded windings. A two dimensional
voltage difference between all square conductors in
the 64 square array is unique for this first sensible
sizing: since only half of the connections need change
on winding routes from the uniform winding return wire
method, to that making a magic square. Each of these
junction points could have two diodes, so that one
half of the ac cycle was reduced internal capacitance,
and the second half exponentially enhanced internal
capacitance.
     This is only an theoretical example of the
application, whereas in fact, a deeper layer of
switching can exist. Most interesting in this regard
is the possibility of having a magic square coil
sending encoded signals into its switching patterns as
a earth resonating station. A 100 wind assembly has
over 100 trillion combinations of numbers in the array
that satisfy the 2 dimensional requirement of creating
the highest voltage points both horizontally and
vertically. Likewise all even side coils have an
interchange/ability of winding points.
   A sending station and a recieving station then adds
a dimension of thinking as far as twins go. Obviously
the switching of winding patterns does not have to
made so that a total change of internal capacity
exists, but each connecting station using the same
code mimics the performance of the other. This idea is
purely speculative...
     It should also be possible to construct "purely
mechanical" models whereby commutation takes the place
of diodes, so that each rotation the internal capacity
changes back and forth.
HDN