Re: 12 MV 100 years ago

Original poster: "Mike by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <megavolts61-at-yahoo-dot-com>

It comes from a theoretical angle - the Q of the
circuit and thesupposition that it is driven in CW
mode (which it wasn't). I doubt very much if it could
have got close even in CW mode as there was
insufficient ROC to prevent sparks breaking out well
before the 12MV figure could be reached.

Malcolm

I bet his Wardenclyffe design would get up to 12MV. I
agree his Co. Spgs. maggie couldn't due to the low ROC
in the tertiary coil.
Mike