Re: TCBA

Original poster: "Bert Hickman by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-net>

Doug and all,

A further endorsement...
For the new coilers in the group, the TCBA News was a quarterly newsletter
that was published for a 20 year period (1981-2001) by Harry Goldman. It
contained articles on Tesla Coiling written by coilers (some famous, and
many of whom are still on the Pupman List). It also contained reprints of
old magazine articles going back as far as the early 1900's on Tesla,
interesting articles on coiling and high voltage design and theory, letters
to the editor, coiling supplies, special sales or trading offers, etc. The
TCBA was always the first thing read whenever it arrived in the mail.

The TCBA News is valuable for its technical and historical content. But it
also served as an important bridge linking Tesla Coiling enthusiasts around
the world in a time LONG before eMail, BBS's, or the Internet. Many
lifelong friendships were started through the the TCBA community. Harry
recently celebrated his 80th birthday, and although he no longer publishes
the TCBA, he's still an active experimenter, avid coiler, and author. He's
also a true gentleman and a scholar, and those that know Harry are honored
by the privilege. In 2001, a large group of Harry's friends paid tribute to
him at the Ed Wingate's 2001 Rochester, NY Teslathon. A picture of Harry at
this event can be seen at:

http://205.243.100.155/frames/goldman.html

(BTW, "Telsa" on the cake is is purposely misspelled...)  :^)

Harry still has some copies of the TCBA - and once these are gone, they're
gone. This is great news for folks looking for specific articles or issues
to complete a set. I ordered a complete set and a few extra copies of
certain issues. And, while I may eventually dispose of the spare copies,
the complete set will always remain as a treasured part of my technical
library. Terry Fritz has already listed the sites for the indexes and
ordering information in another post - now's the time to get them while
they are still available.

Best regards,

-- Bert --
--
Unique Offerings - Scarce Technical Books, Coins Crushed by
Ultrastrong Magnetic Fields, and Captured Lightning Bolts!