Re: Spark Gap VI Scope Capture

Original poster: "K. C. Herrick by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <kchdlh-at-juno-dot-com>

Terry,

Most detailed & interesting!  But what are the >units< of resistance in
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/2003-05-19-11.jpg?  If ohms, then such a gap
as you tested is n.g. for low-voltage primary circuits.  If the gap was
of some length e.g. 1/4" or thereabouts, can you make the same kind of
test for, say, a 1/16" gap?

Do we infer that the -11.jpg image is for the current shown in
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/2003-05-19-07.jpg?

Also, what are the vertical-axis units in the "spark" images?

I'm trying, of course, to get an understanding of what the measured
resistance might be for running thousands of amperes through a very
closely-spaced gap.

Ken Herrick