Re: Spark Gap VI Scope Capture

I've done some quick analysis..
First, if you decimate the data by 10 (and appropriately low pass filter
before decimating (I used matlab.. which filters at 0.8*Fs/2) you can start
to see some real structure.

There's a "low frequency" exponential looking offset in the waveform that
extends over the entire waveform.  If you look at the expanded view inside
the discharge, you can see that the voltage is essentially constant during
the spark (which is sort of what you expect.  Assuming that the constant
voltage is straddling the real number, it looks like a voltage drop of
about 60-75 volts is a good representation of the "steady state part of the
discharge.

figures can be found at:

http://home.earthlink-dot-net/~jimlux/images/vi1.png  - expanded view of
decimated data