Re: Spark Gap VI Scope Capture

Original poster: "Stephen Conner by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <steve-at-scopeboy-dot-com>

At 18:29 20/05/03 -0600, you wrote:
>Original poster: "Terry Fritz" <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>
>

>I pulled out the "fabulous" Jennings vacuum capacitor divider HV probe and
>go this:
>
>http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/2003-05-20-03.jpg
>
>http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/2003-05-20-04.jpg
>
>http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/2003-05-20-05.CSV
>
>A ton of odd noise now (not sure what is "true"...)  But look how straight
>the average voltage level is!!!
>
>So I pulled out the Terry's plane wave antenna and pointed it the the
>probe top:
>
>http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/2003-05-20-06.jpg
>
>http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/2003-05-20-06.jpg
>
>http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/2003-05-20-08.CSV
>
>Still NOT seeing that average voltage dip...

Surely this is no surprise given that the capacitor divider probe and plane
wave antenna are both AC coupled devices and won't pass the low-frequency
component? Maybe the voltage dip is a real phenomenon?

Steve C.