Re: Long, Continuous, Steady Streamer Phenomena

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <FutureT-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 5/21/03 10:26:14 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>I've noticed that the sound of these special streamers is much different
>than the normal ones - much more steady.  I wonder if the BPS is any less
>chaotic, or if this is strictly a streamer phenomenon?  Time to get out the
>storage scope...
>
>Gary Lau

Gary,

My TT-42 coil streamers glide over the toroid surface, but i'm not sure
how long the streamers last.  I've noticed that high bps (300bps +)
coils tend to form these steady long lasting thick tendril-like streamers,
if the toroid is smooth enough and of the correct size for the coil.
Lower bps streamers certainly can glide but I'm not sure if they'll
produce the thick tendril-like sparks.

John