RE: Regulation for Filament Voltage on 833A Tubes

Original poster: "Richard Wayne Wall by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rwall-at-ix-dot-netcom-dot-com>

 > I finally got my 833A VTTC up and running and I noticed that the actual
 > filament voltage coming from my
 > 10V, 10A filament transformers is about 11.6 VAC.

Cap'n,

It's fairly common for an unloaded filament transformer to measure voltage
a little high.  Light the filament for a few minutes then measure the
voltage across the loaded filaments.  It should be fairly close to 10 v.
If not, use the variac or try another filament transformer.

RWW