IGBT -- Power Switching

Original poster: "Jeremy Scott by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <supertux1-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi all!

I was scrounging around for chunk of silicon to act as
a driver for my 120V 14A 2HP DC motor, MOSFETS would
work but I see here that IGBT's have lower voltage
drop between collector and emitter, which means they
must have less 'on' resistance, and require less
heatsinking
etc...

I guess a question is, is it feasible to use an array
of these things a replacement for a conventional spark
gap? I guess the tricky part would be turning them
all on before one explodes :)