Dual 833A Success!!! and some problems . . .

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

This evening I worked on my dual 833A VTTC and increased the voltage doubler
capacitor to about 4uF, fine tuned the primary, and added my stacatto
controller to the VTTC.

Results were excellent.  I officially measured continuous 24" swordlike
streamers with occasional hits farther out.  And this only at 80% voltage!!!

Some problems:

1.  Any increase in voltage above 80% to the VTTC resulted in definite
increase in thickness of streamers, but they decreased in length and started
to lose swordlike appearance.  Seems
80% was the magic number here.

2.  After a few long (a few minute) runs, smoke started pouring out from the
bottom level of my VTTC.  And i mean LOTS OF SMOKE.  After closer inspection
my MOT (microwave oven
transformer) which is a very large one, was smoking hot!!!  Guess thats what
happens when running 3kW+ into that thing!!!!

Definitely getting there!!!!

The Captain