Overheating MOT - dual 833A VTTC

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

I'm having some problems regarding my MOT (microwave oven transformer)
overheating with my dual 833A.  The size of the MOT is about 5" x 5" x 5" so
its a fairly large transformer, and actually its heats up considerably even
during lighter loading.  Do you think maybe proximity is a problem?  The
transformer is approximately 12" away from primary and underneath by about
6" inches on a separate level.

Also, if this problem is suspect, would mu metal help shield it???  I'd
rather not relocated the transformer if possible.

I guess tonite I'll try removing the transformer and running it from a
distance to see if it still heats up considerably.

Thanks

The Captain