Re: Overheating MOT - dual 833A VTTC

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

Thanks John.
Yes, I did conclude that this evening by removing the MOT and placing it far
away.  The MOT only gets smoking hot after long periods of run time (more
than 3 minutes) and when running at 100% input voltage and very high duty
cycles - high PRF's using the stacatto controller.  Power levels at this
condition i was measuring to be 3kW + + + + No wonder that thing was getting
smoking hot.
This evening i got my VTTC to consistently hit the 28" mark.  I was really
pscyched.  This was at 80% input voltage.  Any additional increase in input
voltage caused the swordlike appearance of the streamers to decrease and
therefore decreasing overall length.  BTW, I'm currently using (5) MO
capacitors for a total of about 4uF.  I'll be posting pictures later this
evening once I download them off my camera.

Dan