RE: New Neon Transformers

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-hp-dot-com>

As most folks use NST's now, the core is tied to RF ground.  The primary is
essentially at mains-ground.  So whatever transients develop over the
length of the RF ground cable (not insignificant!) would be seen across the
primary-to-core insulation.  What I proposed would just move this to the
secondary-to-core insulation.  Only a modest effort would be needed to
insulate the CT and inner secondary winding from the core.

Gary Lau
MA, USA

  >Original poster: "Mike Harrison by way of Terry Fritz
<teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mike-at-whitewing.co.uk>