Re: DC Reso Charging

Original poster: "Stephen Conner by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <steve-at-scopeboy-dot-com>

At 15:50 25/05/03 -0600, you wrote:
>Original poster: "Jolyon Vater Cox by way of Terry Fritz
><teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jolyon-at-vatercox.freeserve.co.uk>
>
>Dear List,
>Would it be possible to implement DC Resonant Charging for a TC with a
>dual ignition-coil power supply, by using the secondaries of a couple of
>the more modern flyback transformers (the cylindrical models with integral
>rectification) as charging chokes?

I'm sure it would, but why not just ditch the ignition coils altogether and
power the whole thing from the flybacks? I think that just driving the
flyback primary directly would be more efficient than driving an ignition
coil and feeding the output through the flyback secondary.

Steve C.