RE: New Neon Transformers

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-hp-dot-com>

Are you suggesting not using a dedicated RF ground and connecting the
points you mentioned only to the mains ground?  For small mini coils, this
may be adequate, but for anything with a medium to large power supply (like
what Dr Resonance was talking about), one really should use a dedicated RF
ground.

Oh yes, I am duty-bound to mention that Ed Wingate's big pig-fed magnifier
IS connected to the mains ground.  But I think being in a dedicated coiling
structure with a limited extent of mains cabling, and probably it's own
ground rod and distribution panel, separate from the house, make that
different than typical household situations.

RC filters, MOV's, and safety gaps are there solely to protect the
NST.  They do nothing to diminish the transients headed out on the mains.

Gary Lau
MA, USA

 >Original poster: "Stephen Conner by way of Terry Fritz
<teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>"       <steve-at-scopeboy-dot-com>