Re: power non-saturable reactor cores

Original poster: "Godfrey Loudner by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ggreen-at-gwtc-dot-net>

Having about 30 to 40 assorted primary and secondary coils from
x-ray transformers, but no complete core to mount the coils for
experiments and fun, has led me to buy a 995 lb. 3-phase, 150KVP,
1000mA x-ray transformer. I intend to extract the complete core.
It is possible to rebuild the core into a rectangular shape. I had sections
of cores from such transformers, but not enough to amass a whole
core. The cost of a new core from a company was simply insane. For
those of you who want a large square type core, reworking the core of
an x-ray transformer is an excellent choice. An added benefit is that this
transformer has two filter caps, HV resistors, and 12 diode sections,
since it came from a 12-pulse power supply.

Godfrey Loudner