ground fault protection

Original poster: "John Hansen by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <johnrhansen-at-cablespeed-dot-com>

I just started looking into Tesla Coils, I've been reading about how
dangerous the primary circuits for these coils are and was wondering if
anyone ever thought of rigging up some kind of ground fault protection
circuit in the HV 60Hz
part. Just in case... you know... measure the current going out, compare it
to what is coming back in, and shut off the current if the difference
exceeds a few milliamps. (this could be going through you) kind of like the
plugs in the kitchen, except this would be wired on the HV side of the
transformer, instead of the 120 volt side.

Is this feasible? I get the feeling that if it is, it probably has been
done before

John